GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY VILLAGE “A” ROOF REPLACEMENT
Project Owner: Georgetown University
- Project included replacement of roofing systems on 22 roof sections and 14 roof terraces.
- Plywood sheathing was replaced on the roof terraces, and most terraces required installation of additional structural framing.
- Project was performed over one summer, while most of the buildings were occupied. Tear-off, sheathing replacement, structural reinforcing and roofing membrane installation had to be completed by the end of each day, or before the late afternoon thunderstorms began.
- SEBS modified roofing membranes from the Barrett Company were used on all roof sections.
- The contractor was Roofers, Inc.